Search Jobs | Submit an Application | Home  

Lead Prep Cook

June 02, 2014 - August 30, 2014
Location:Harrodsburg, KY
Exempt/Non-Exempt:Non-Exempt
Benefits:Full-Time with benefits (90 day evaluation)
Employment Type:Full Time
Department:Restaurant
Description:

The Lead Prep Cook at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill is responsible for the proper preparation and execution of breakfast and lunch menu items. Successful applicants for this position will have at least two years of experience in a dining room-type restaurant that serves breakfast. This position oversees and takes part in the daily execution of menu items along with the supervision of line cooks, cold side workers and day shift dish washers. The job requires 95% of employee's time spent in the kitchen with the remaining 5% dedicated to order preparation and administrative duties. This position supports management in developing a sense of teamwork and cooperation.

Duties:

Specific Duties:

1. Oversee kitchen staff and daytime kitchen operations
2. Assist cooks in the preparation of breakfast and lunch
3. Assist in teaching and training kitchen employees in proper culinary techniques
4. Ensure the proper storage of foods in designated areas, following wrapping, dating and labeling procedures
5. Ensure all Shaker Village safety and sanitation requirements are met daily
6. Utilize approved food production standards to maintain proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control
7. Act as a role model, representing high standards to kitchen employees
8. Assure compliance with all sanitation and safety requirements
9. Job duties are subject to change as needed

Standards of Performance:

1. Demonstrate strong passion and motivation to create excellent meals
2. Ability to perfectly prepare eggs of any style, to order, for large numbers of diners
3. Ability to independently supervise a crew of three or more
4. Assist with writing daily work assignments
5. Must be able to lift 50 pounds
6. Possess strong culinary knowledge of good kitchen practices, protocols and procedures
7. Ability to work safely and efficiently with large volume kitchen equipment such as grills, fryers, tilt skillets, slicers and convection ovens

Physical Requirements:

1. Must be capable of standing for long periods
2. Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds
3. Must have excellent manual dexterity

 

Qualifications:

Qualifications:

1. High school diploma required
2. Culinary degree or three (3) years of experience working in a fine dining property kitchen
3. Working knowledge of conversational Spanish not required but preferred

4. Available to work any day of the week (including weekends) on a rotating schedule. 

Click Here to Download Complete Job Description


Click to Apply 

Share this Job:


Sign Up for Job Alerts


Managed by Job Match LLC, All Rights Reserved - iApplicants™ Applicant Tracking System © Copyright 2005-2014 | admin