Line Cook (2112015)
|February 11, 2015 - May 01, 2015|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
A Line Cook at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill is responsible for the proper preparation and execution of breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu items. Successful applicants for this position will have at least two years of experience in a dining room-type restaurant. This position takes part in the daily execution of menu items and must have a do whatever is needed attitude. This position supports management in developing a sense of teamwork and cooperation.
Applicants are required to complete the online application. In addition, you will have an opportunity to attach your resume to the application.
To apply online: www.shakervillageky.org From the menu, scroll down to careers, job search and complete the online application.
- Executes menu to high quality standards.
- Able to perform under time restraints while keeping a positive attitude.
- Ensure the proper storage of foods in designated areas, following wrapping, dating and labeling procedures
- Ensure all Shaker Village safety and sanitation requirements are met daily
- Utilize approved food production standards to maintain proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control
- Act as a role model, representing high standards of teamwork.
- Assure compliance with all sanitation and safety requirements
- Job duties are subject to change as needed
Standards of Performance:
- Demonstrate strong passion and motivation to create excellent meals
- Ability to perfectly prepare eggs of any style, to order, for large numbers of diners.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Possess good kitchen practices, protocols and procedures
- Ability to work safely and efficiently with large volume kitchen equipment such as grills, fryers, tilt skillets, slicers and convection ovens
- Must be capable of standing for long periods of time
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds as needed
- Must have excellent manual dexterity
- High school diploma required
- Available to work any day/evening of the week, including weekends
- Able to pass a background check
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.