1. Cleans and keeps in good working order, all equipment used in grounds maintenance such as mowers, tractor/trailers, front-end loaders, wood chippers, snow plows, salt spreaders and a variety of hand/power tools.
2. Plants and trims lawns, trees, bushes, hedges and shrubs using hand tools or motorized vehicles.
3. Landscapes new ground areas; repairs damaged ground areas, replaces bushes, hedges, shrubs and trees.
4. Removes snow from sidewalks and parking lots, and spreads salt and ice melt on sidewalks and parking lots during icy conditions.
5. Drives vehicles such as a car, truck, van or other vehicles to pick up supplies and materials.
6. Regularly mows lawns, weeds, removes debris from property ground and overall, ensures the property is well-maintained and looks presentable.
7. Ensures lawns are manicured appropriately. Regularly treats weeds for weed control, weed whips, rakes leaves, spreads mulch/woodchips/stones, trims shrubs and hedges, cuts down and removes tree limbs.
8. Removes leaves, is responsible for leaf blowing, and leaf collecting, raking and picking up debris.
9. Is responsible for storm damage clean up, sowing grass seed, spreading straw.
10. Is responsible for fence maintenance, repair, painting, removal.
11. Will be expected to perform any general or miscellaneous tasks associated with the grounds department and as directed by supervisor
Standards of Performance:
1. Ability to understand and take direction.
2. Maintain a cooperative relationship with co-workers and grounds helpers.
3. Accurate and timely completions of projects.
4. Self-motivated, taking initiative and comfortable working under pressure.
5. Comfortable working with a team or working alone.
6. Must be able to safely use hand tools and power equipment.
1. Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
2. Perform physical activities such as bending, stooping, climbing and walking.
3. Frequently required to stand and walk.
4. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
5. Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
Working Environment and Conditions:
1. Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
2. Noise level is usually moderate.
3. Observe precautions and wear suitable protective equipment.
Equipment and Tools:
1. Zero turn mowers, tractor, chainsaw and various small power equipment.
2. Lawn mower, weed trimmer, leaf blower and hedge trimmer.
3. Hand power tools.