Dining Room Servers (02102015)
|February 10, 2015 - September 01, 2015|
|Salary Range:||$2.13 per hr. plus gratuity |
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
Dining Room Servers at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill are responsible for explaining menus, taking food orders, delivery of food and beverage (including alcoholic beverages), clearing tables and processing payment for guests.
Applicants are required to complete the online application. In addition, you will have an opportunity to attach your resume to the application.
To apply online: www.shakervillageky.org From the menu, scroll down to the bottom of the page, careers, job search and complete the online application.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions:
1. Greet guests and introduce yourself
2. Answer questions about menu items, making recommendation upon request
3. Check customer\'s identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
4. Serve food and beverages to guests
5. Prepare tickets/checks that itemize and total meal costs, sale tax and collect payment
6. Operate the Point of Sale System quickly and efficiently in order to process orders
7. Remove china, cutlery and glassware from tables
8. Stock and clean service areas, stock with linen and meal related condiments including tubs of ice
9. Communicate with bussers, hosts, managers and other wait staff to ensure all customer needs are met
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, Servers are expected to conform to the following:
1. Perform quality work within deadline with or without direct supervision
2. Interact professionally with co-workers, customer, suppliers and other staff members
3. Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
4. Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees
5. This position required working a revolving schedule of different days that include weekends, evenings and Holidays
Standards of Performance:
1. Report to work on time as scheduled. Well groomed with name badge and appropriate attire or proper uniform as defined by Shaker Village policy
2. Practice good customer service behaviors i.e. listening, initiative, responsiveness, cheerfulness, accommodation, courtesy, honesty and professionalism
3. Demonstrate good communication skills and helps ensure optimum communication among co-workers, managers and guests
4. Demonstrate positive team spirit by providing assistance to other team members as necessary to achieve require standards of productivity and guest care
5. Make decisions in the best interest of Shaker Village and in compliance with all applicable policies and procedures
6. Understand and use applicable standard operating procedures
1. Must be capable of standing for extended periods
2. Must be able to lift and balance service trays and bus tubs weighing up to 30 lbs.
3. Requires the mobility to climb stairs and occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 lbs.
4. Must be able to quickly and safely negotiate stairs while carrying objects
1. Must be at least 20 ½ years of age
2. High school diploma or higher preferred
3. Two years prior restaurant experience preferred, but not required
4. Friendly, outgoing personality with a desire to provide hospitable services
5. Neat, clean and conservative in appearance
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|